Restart Windows without Restarting your Computer
Down from the Start Menu gives you several choices, including
restarting your computer. However, to restart Windows without restarting
your computer, saving time and aggravation, follow this step:
- Hold down the Shift key while pressing OK in the Shut
To make an icon on your desktop:
- Using a text editor (such as Notepad), type the following by itself:
- Save the file somewhere on your hard disk - call it whatever you
like, as long as it has the extension .bat.
- Make a shortcut to the batch file, and place it on your desktop (or
wherever you want).
- Right-click on the shortcut, select Properties, click the
Program tab, and make sure the Close on Exit option is
- Then, click Advanced, and make sure MS-DOS mode is
selected, and Warn before entering MS-DOS mode is turned
- Click Ok twice, and double-click on the icon to use
If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact me
by Email or by phone.
Davis M McCarn
Matthews, NC 28104
(704) 882-7551 or